Whenever I hear "Putham Puthu Poo Poothatho" from Thalapathi, I wonder how Mani Ratnam missed to pictuarize this song in the movie. It must definitely have been a tough choice for him to exclude one among all gems.
But, still, I would have traded-in a fight sequence for this song. Melting melody and no wonder Illayaraja recycled the same song as "Pirayae Pirayae" in Pithamagan.
I can think of some songs that never featured similarly -
1) "Aadi Pattam Thedi Chennal Vedha Pottu" - Michael Madana Kama Rajan"
2) Ammava Naan Kaala Thottu Kumbudanum" - Apoorva Sagodharargal"
3) Annalakshmi Kanna asacha" - Virumaandi
4) "Nethiyile Pottu Veyyu" - Virumaandi
5) "Kodi Yethi Veipom" - Pithamagan
I am sure there are many more! Would love to hear back from my blog readers!